Lincolnshire Training Hub would like to support all general practices to be involved in student placements.
Students are the next generation of the workforce and are a huge asset to your teams.
Below you will find information on how you can get involved.
FUTURE DOCTOR EVENT FOR CURRENT YEAR 12S
Our team of medical student ambassadors will be delivering a Future Doctor event via Zoom on Wednesday 14th July 7-9pm. This event is specifically aimed at current year 12s planning to apply to medical school in the autumn.
See poster below for further details and the Zoom log-in.
FUTURE NURSE EVENT WEDNESDAY 23RD JUNE 6-8PM
Calling all year 10-12 students! Are you considering a future career in nursing?
Come along to our online Future Nurse event on Wednesday 23rd June 6-8pm to find out more about courses, entry routes, life as a student nurse and a day in the life of a qualified nurse. There will also be a chance to ask any questions you have.
Link to register:
NEW: SHOULD I BECOME A DOCTOR? EVENT TO BE STREAMED LIVE ON YOUTUBE
Our Should I Become a Doctor? event in the Future Doctor series will be streamed live on the Lincolnshire Training Hub YouTube channel on Friday 28th May 7:30pm-9pm.
Delivered by current medical students, this event is designed to help year 9-12 students decide whether to choose a future career in medicine.
If you have questions about applying to study medicine at university, the course and what life is like as a medical student and a doctor, this event is for you!
FUTURE DOCTOR: SHOULD I BECOME A DOCTOR?
The recording of this event held in March 2021 is now available at the link below.
If you are in years 9-12 and interested in finding out more about life as a medical student and a doctor, this is for you!
FUTURE NURSE EVENTS
Calling all year 11-13 students!
A recording of our most recent Future Nurse event delivered in collaboration with other East Midlands Training Hubs is now available on YouTube.
If you are interested in a future career as a nurse, this is well worth a watch!
Links for part 1 and part 2 are below:
URGENTLY SEEKING GENERAL PRACTICE PLACEMENTS FOR NURSING STUDENTS!
We are in urgent need of more General Practice placements for nursing students. Could you host a nursing student at your practice and showcase General Practice as a first-choice career destination to a future generation of nurses? See attached presentation for more details.
PHYSIO AND OT PLACEMENTS: RECORDING OF VIRTUAL LUNCHTIME INFORMATION EVENT ON MONDAY 22ND FEBRUARY
* Are you interested in hosting physio and/or occupational therapy students at your practice?
* Did you know that there are now opportunities to host OT students even if you don't have an OT at your practice?
* Watch the recording of our virtual lunchtime information event delivered in conjunction with the University of Lincoln to find out more about the benefits for your practice and how you can help embed these new roles in primary care.
ONLINE CLINICAL SUPERVISOR/ASSESSOR TRAINING FOR NURSES
There are currently two courses available for nurses who wish to support students:
- New to clinical supervision
- Conversion to a practice assessor for previous mentors
For further information or to book a bespoke session please contact BRobinsonBenstead@lincoln.ac.uk
Once you have completed the training, you can support a student nurse on placement
Click below to download the advert.
GP EDUCATION ACADEMY
This course aims to:
- Improve teaching skills
- Improve supervision skills
- Gain feedback on your teaching
The free course involves:
- Attendance at an initial 2 day specialist "Teaching the Teachers in Primary Care"
- An additional 3rd day to consolidate and re-enforce learning focusing on supervision skills
- Opportunities to become involved in more teaching and CV building activities to enhance your future career opportunities as a teacher and clinical supervisor.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request an application form.
Click below to download the advert.
BECOMING INVOLVED IN GP TRAINING IN THE EAST MIDLANDS
Read the links provided on the document below and, if you are interested, book on line or contact Pete Wells via his e-mail email@example.com if you have any queries.
If being an ES is your plan then get in touch with Bevis via his e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for a completely no-obligation discussion. The next course starts 14th September this year. Applications before mid-August would be welcome.